TERMS OF REFERENCE
Assignment Title: Enterprise Development and Financial Literacy Toolkit
Strengthening capacity for urban migration management and migrants’ livelihood improvement in Jinja city, Uganda” project
|Starting Date:||23rd August to 24th September 2021|
|Duration:||25 working days|
1) GENERAL BACKGROUND
ACTogether UGANDA was established in 2006 as an independent Ugandan organization affiliated to the international network of Shack/Slum Dwellers International (SDI). ACTogether is registered as an NGO in Uganda and aspires to have fair and inclusive cities in Uganda with united and empowered urban poor communities, who have the capacity to voice, promote and effectively negotiate for their collective interests and priorities.
In partnership with Jinja City Council and support of Makerere University, ACTogether Uganda is implementing Strengthening capacity for urban migration management and migrants’ livelihood improvement in Jinja City, Uganda” project financed by the Cities Alliance and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The project aims at; strengthening the capacity of Jinja City to manage migration and integrate urban migrants into the urban economy, build the resilience and improve livelihoods of urban migrants and slum dwellers in Jinja City who are experiencing migration related livelihood challenges. The project further intends to Support formation and operationalization of a housing upgrading scheme to help migrants and slum dwellers put up decent housing and access basic urban infrastructure.
In the fulfillment of its mandate, ACTogether Uganda seeks to recruit a consultant to develop a toolkit (training module) on Enterprise Development and Financial Inclusion/Financial Literacy.
2) OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen the capacity of Jinja City to manage migration and integrate urban migrants into the urban economy. The project further aims at building the resilience and improve livelihoods of urban migrants and slum dwellers in Jinja City who are experiencing migration related livelihood challenges. The project further aims at supporting migrant communities, more especially the urban poor and slum dwellers, access financial resources and engage in gainful enterprises that economically empower them and improve their livelihoods, Enhance the ability of Jinja city authorities to manage migration and integrate migrants into the urban economy and Deepen understanding of migration situation, trends, challenges and opportunities in Jinja city and how they affect creation of sustainable and resilient city.
3) SCOPE OF WORK
Development of an Enterprise and Financial Literacy toolkit that combines what already exists in Jinja, best practices in financial literacy from other regions that includes both traditional and digital financial literacy delivery components.
- An inception report detailing the methodology and approach of undertaking the assignment
- A draft copy of the Enterprise and Financial Literacy Toolkit.
- Submission of a fully developed toolkit on Enterprising and Financial Literacy which includes resource materials, teaching aids, curriculum, interactive learning materials, digital resources and other relevant materials covering different modules of financial inclusion topics prioritized to increase financial literacy among community members.
In addition to the above, develop and design the training agenda and modules for enterprise development and financial literacy toolkit. Suggesting tools and methods that are suitable to the participants to use onwards in their organizations. The training materials should be delivered in both English and Lusoga/Luganda languages. The training themes will be finalized together with the ACTogether Uganda team and may include, but not limited to:
- Setting up a business (business plan, market viability assessment, financing, etc.)
- Personal financial management
- Saving money effectively
- Managing risk
- Wasting money
- Borrowing money
- Financial services and products (including insurance)
- Digital and mobile money services
- Client protection and fraud prevention
The Consultant shall also conduct a dissemination meeting with the end users of the toolkit to generate feedback which will be incorporated in the final toolkit. After capturing the feedback, the consultant shall then submit two final copies of the toolkit in two forms: Hard copy and Soft copy.
The consultant will work under direct supervision of ACTogether Uganda Project Lead.
5) Application details
The application file must include:
- Detailed technical and financial proposals
- Detailed CVs.
- Deadline for applications: 15th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
- Please send your applications to the following address:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
6) DEGREE OF EXPERTISE AND QUALIFICATIONS
ACTogether Uganda is seeking for applications from an individual or a team of consultants to develop a financial literacy toolkit and design the training agenda and modules for enterprise development with tools and methods that are suitable to the participants to use onwards in their organizations
- 5 years of practical of experience in similar tasks related to the assignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in any business Administration / Management Field or related.